Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mom

OK, so I'm pretty much a mom. I have never given birth, but I spend a significant amount of time doing motherly things. I take care of children all day during the week, I sometimes teach kids' Bible class on Sundays, I clean house, and I take care of my friends when they are dumb. I do all this because I didn't really have a good mother-figure growing up, so I learned to fill the role. Sometimes I get tired of being a mom though. I don't see how real moms do it all. Don't they get tired of being the only responsible one around who makes people be safe and takes care of them when they mess up? Anyway, suffice it to say, being a part-time mom is plenty for me. I am in no rush to become a full-time one. But props to all those women out there who are!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Well, at least you're not a grandma. That's what Darby says I am because I'm always complaining about "kids these days and their technology."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well my 37 year-old friend does call me grandma... But that's because I don't stand around talking for hours after we're done with group activity. Somehow the way I leave reminds him of his grandma.

    ReplyDelete