Wednesday, July 8, 2009

mail-order spouses

OK, so I tease my boyfriend about getting a mail-order bride if he wants someone to just grocery shop, cook, and clean for him without expecting anything back. Then, I'll get to do the fun stuff with him and not worry about all the mundane homemaker tasks all the time.

I've recently found an apartment to live in and now I'm going through the pain of trying to find the best deal on electric companies, internet, cable, etc that are available in our area. Today I spent a long time on the phone with AT&T trying to figure out if I could get off my parents' family plan for wireless and bundle that with internet and cable at my new place. I spoke to 3 different people. When I got to the person, I'd tell them exactly what I expected and they'd say they'd connect me to the right person to help me. Only they wouldn't. I'd have to talk to the computer, which of course, didn't offer what I needed as an option and kept telling me to only choose one of the options it was giving me. I've decided that figuring out this stuff and talking to customer service people is one of the worst possible things for me to do. After only 15 minutes on the phone, a nice lady (who I flat out begged to please not transfer me to anyone else and just give me an answer) who told me that I couldn't even get AT&T cable in my area. I proceded to thank her for her help, hang up the phone, and fall from the couch to the floor groaning in frustration and agony.

Perhaps I'm a little overdramatic, but I really really hate doing this crap! And I also hate worrying about money and answering people's questions about what I'm doing for my retirement funds. Therefore, I've decided that they should also have mail-order husbands. I need someone to deal with money and whatnot for me, and I need him now! Why should I have to wait for a real husband who is ready to commit himself to me for the rest of his life? I can just buy someone to do all the money stuff and change the oil in my car and reach high things.

OK, OK, I know it's crazy... but a girl can dream, right?

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Good luck with that. I have a husband, but I keep track of the finances, take our car to Speed Lube, and neither of us is very good at reaching high things (although he does have a good 6 inches on me).

    But...he does put together furniture, appliances, etc., grinds our coffee, and vacuums, so I know I am lucky.

    I actually love dealing with money, so if you need help, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete