Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Opposites attract

For lack of a better topic to blog about, I've decided to list the ways my boyfriend and I are completely opposite.

1. the most obvious: I'm a girl; he's a boy
2. I multi-task almost constantly; he is a single-tasker (even down to eating only one type of food at a time)
3. I speak very rapidly in a high-pitch; he speaks slowly in a very deep voice
4. I listen to all music EXCEPT country; he loves country, even to the point of singing the same line from a country song over and over and over again
5. I am have no athletic ability and therefore dislike all sports; he loves to play and/or watch basketball, football, golf, baseball... get the point?
6. I go to bed early and wake up early; he likes to stay up and then sleep in really late
7. I believe that if you're not early somewhere, you're late; he believes that if you get somewhere before it's all over, you're on time
8. I like to eat snacks or small meals every few hours; he eats 2 or 3 big meals a day
9. I don't like thinking about politics or whatever is on the news much; he loves watching the news and debating politics
10. I can't remember numbers or statistics for anything; he knows the stats for everything
11. I like to cook my own food; his cooking seems to be limited to making PB&J sandwiches
12. I'm a little (well, maybe a lot) high-strung; he's ridiculously laid back
13. I find memorizing and studying facts equivalent to Chinese water torture; he wants to go to medical school (where he'll be studying almost every waking minute he's not in class for several years)
14. I'm a daddy's girl; he is much closer to his mom than his dad
15. I do laundry and go grocery shopping at least once a week so I don't run out of clean clothes or food; Sunday I did 3 loads of his laundry (including all 30-something pairs of his white socks), and he had no food or toilet paper in his apt

So what they say is true, opposites attract!

4 comments:

  1. Cute post! I'm a firm believer in dating an opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing his laundry!?! You do realize you are not obligated to do that until you have a ring, right? In the eternal words of Beyonce, "If you want it than you better put a ring on it?" The first 'it' in question is obviously referring to having one's laundry done. Just a few words of wisdom from an old married woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks for the advice Kalyn! I actually did all the laundry because I was bored while he was writing his third med school essay and wanted me to be there to offer advice/editing as he finished. And I got a strange enjoyment out of taking everything out of his drawers and reorganizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, opposites are good, as long as you're the same on the big things (religion, values, etc.). I was laughing as I read this because many of the things you listed are the same for Darby and me (multi-tasker v. single-tasker; high-strung v. laid-back; cooking v. PB&J).

    ReplyDelete