Tuesday, January 27, 2009

day off

So we were supposed to take a TAKS benchmark today, where our daily schedule is completely different so the kids can have the longest possible uninterrupted time for the kids to take the test. My lesson plans for the week revolved around changing all sorts of stuff because of the test, but still trying to get everything done. But today it was icy, so the district canceled school!

I was awakened at 5:40 (20 min before my alarm would go off) by a phone call telling me school was canceled. I couldn't believe it! However, after calling the next person on the phone tree and having both her and the teacher across the hall call me back and talk to me (I was on the phone 5 times before 6:30 this morning), I realized it was true. So I curled up under the covers and proceeded to savor the warmth of my bed until after 9am! :-)

Now, I probably should be working on school stuff because I'm so behind, but I didn't bring most of it home... So, I decided to bask in the break and relax all day! Well, I'm also doing cleaning and painting projects I haven't made time for lately (but our couch cover and pillows smell and look so much nicer now), but I think it's a wonderful day! Now if I could just muster up the courage to put on real clothes, venture out into the cold, and buy some of the essential groceries I've been running out of lately.... nah!

No comments:

Post a Comment