Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day

So we were out of school today. Here's what I did with the unexpected free time:
- go back to bed for a few hours and just lay there thinking about how nice it is to not be at work
- graze on snacks slowly all day
- clean the kitchen, including the burner pans from the stove
- vacuum the entire apt
- swiffer wetjet in the bathroom and kitchen
- build a fire and use up the last of my firewood
- make a facebook event for Josh
- text people
- facebook stalk random people I haven't talked to in a long time and contemplate how crazy it is that so many people my age and younger and married and have kids
- grade some papers
- dance around the apt to music
- clean the bathroom - counters, mirror, toilet, and bathtub
- lay on the couch watching basic TV
- talk to my grandma on the phone
- take pictures of snow (without ever stepping foot on the ground level of my apts)
- have a glass of wine because I've run out of entertaining things to do, and I'm somehow always more entertained when I've had a little wine!

So basically I ran out of stuff I wanted to do at like 3pm today, and if we're out again tomorrow, I might just go nuts! Snowdays just aren't as fun when you're completely isolated from everyone else. :-(

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I've been wanting a snow day so bad. But, nope, I just have to trek through 6 inches of snow and ice to work. It is true, that you start to go a little stir-crazy, though.

    I know what you mean about the facebook married/kids thing. I mean, obviously I can't talk about he married thing... But this girl I went to high school with is about to have her third child. THIRD!! Are you kidding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah, I was looking at these people from high school that didn't date in high school, but got married after they accidentally got pregnant. They just had their second kid together, so I guess things are working out for them! I just remember how perverted the guy was all through middle and high schools and totally can't picture him as a dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete