Thursday, March 5, 2009

The comfort of a social work roommate...

So last night after a good cry, I did some cleaning (because getting my environment under control helps me relieve the stress from not having my children under control), took a bath, drank a glass of red wine, read a good book (well, two if you count my daily Bible reading), and went to bed before 9pm. I feel better about life this morning.

Better, except for the fact that when I told my roommate I was afraid I would physically injure the next of my children to throw a fit for a dumb reason because it was happening daily, her response was "Did you know when you took the job that there we going to be children in your classroom?..."

I responded that I'd taught daycare for years and been in classrooms since my senior year of high school. Even my 3 year-olds at daycare were more mature than a few of my students this year, and that was why I was so frustrated with my 8-9-10 year olds' behaviors. She just looked at me like I was a moron who didn't know that kids were immature.

I've decided to switch my anger and frustration at the children over to the roommate for a while. I don't have to see her nearly as often as I see kids throwing fits!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!! are things gonna lighten up sine the TAKS test is over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doubtful. The kids feel like they're done having to try. But we still have the math test to prep for. But we had Open House tonight and that went well, so that's at least another obstacle overcome!

    ReplyDelete