Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Choose Me"

So after feeling not very close to God for over a year, I finally heard his voice last week. He said "Choose Me." God never really says more than a couple words at a time to me (the last time I heard it he said "wait"), but those words seem unleash the dam of understanding in me.

I realized that I had been saying God was my number one priority, but then still trying to get all of my work and home and friendship responsibilities out of the way before I spent time with Him - you know, get everything crossed off my "to do" list so I could fully concentrate on Him... Yeah, that's not the way God planned for us to live. It's like the analogy where you put sand and pebbles and a big stone in a jar, and they only fit if you put the big stone in first. I'd been pushing my "God time" back so I would really concentrate on Him, when I needed to be really concentrating on Him first, and THEN focusing on the other stuff. I know that when I do that, then all the really important stuff will get done, and whatever doesn't get done probably wasn't that important anyway. I just forget that. And even now, after God told me what I needed to be doing, I still forget. I'm still struggling with thinking maybe I should call my friend first, in case she goes to bed early, because God will always be there, but I just keep reminding myself to "choose Him." I believe that with each decision I make with the right priority (I'd been a little off in those lately) that I will be taking a step closer to Him, and He'll take care of the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment